Who We Are
- A TEAM of athletes of all ages who love swimming
- A TEAM of coaches who share a common philosophy and vision and love the sport of swimming
How We Train
- TIDE swimmers are trained by experienced, professional coaches who share a passion for swimming
- Coaches teach teamwork which leads to camaraderie and lasting friendships. Athletes work hard and have fun!
- Swimmers progress from learning basic skills to training for fitness or competition
- Our high school and many of our middle school swimmers enjoy training year round in the area's only Olympic-sized pool at the Princess Anne YMCA. All of the Virginia Beach practice groups join the older swimmers in the summer months and enjoy training in our beautiful outdoor pool
- TIDE now operates in 7 different locations. Our Virginia Beach locations are: Hilltop YMCA, Mt Trashmore YMCA, and Princess Anne YMCA. Our Norfolk location is Norfolk Academy. Our Chesapeake locations are Greenbrier YMCA and Great Bridge / Hickory YMCA. Our Portsmouth location is the Portsmouth YMCA.
- We have practice groups and swimming programs for all levels of swimmers: novice to national, single-sport to multi-sport athletes, school age to adult
- We also offer programs to enhance and improve swimming at the novice and high school level without the year round commitment
How We Operate
- TIDE is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors
- Swimmers pay annual dues divided into convenient monthly payments
- We do not run a bingo game
- TIDE parents assist as volunteers to help run team-hosted swim meets at the Princess Anne YMCA
- All swimmers must be members of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads EXCEPT for those who train in Norfolk, at Norfolk Academy
How To Join TIDE
- New swimmer evaluations for prospective swimmers are held in late summer. Dates and times will be posted on the homepage
- Swimmers interested in joining TIDE need only attend ONE new swimmer evaluation BUT YOU MUST SIGN UP IN ADVANCE, using the link on the homepage
- Swimmers joining the team after the start of the season are evaluated by appointment only
- Once you have been placed in a practice group, registration is done online. Registration for current members opens August 2. Registration for new members opens August 9.
- Find Practice group information on the sidebar
How to Support TIDE!