Swimming doesn't have to end with summer ... join TIDE!
Who We Are
- A TEAM of athletes of all ages who love swimming
- A TEAM of coaches who share a common philosophy and vision and love the sport of swimming
How We Train
- TIDE swimmers are trained by experienced, professional coaches who share a passion for swimming.
- Coaches teach teamwork which leads to camaraderie and lasting friendships. Athletes work hard and have fun!
- Swimmers progress from learning basic skills to training for fitness or competition.
- Our high school and many of our middle school swimmers enjoy training year round in the area's only Olympic-sized pool at the Princess Anne YMCA. The rest of the team joins the older swimmers in the summer months and enjoys training in our beautiful outdoor pool.
- TIDE's Hilltop YMCA staff trains our youngest swimmers and includes coaches who were once TIDE swimmers themselves!
- TIDE now operates in 5 different YMCA locations: Hilltop, Mt Trashmore, Princess Anne, Greenbrier, and Great Bridge / Hickory!
- We have practice groups and swimming programs for all levels of swimmers: novice to national, single-sport to multi-sport athletes, school age to adult.
- We also offer programs to enhance and improve swimming at the high school level without the year round commitment.
How We Operate
- TIDE is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of team parents.
- Swimmers pay monthly dues. We do not run a bingo game.
- TIDE parents assist as volunteers to help run team-hosted swim meets at the Princess Anne YMCA
- All swimmers must be members of the YMCA.
How To Join TIDE
- New swimmer clinics for Virginia Beach swimmers will be held in the 50m pool at the Princess Anne YMCA from 6:15-7:00pm on July 31, Aug 1, 21, 22, & 29.
- New swimmer clinics for Chesapeake will be held in the outdoor pool at the Great Bridge YMCA from 6:15-7:00pm on August 21, 22, &29.
- New swimmer meetings and evaluations for our new Taylor Bend location will be held Aug 23 (noon-1:00pm), Aug 24 (6:00-7:00pm), and Aug 26 (3:00-4:00pm).
- Swimmers interested in joining TIDE need only attend ONE new swimmer clinic to be evaluated by our staff.
- Once you have been placed in a practice group, registration is done online.
- Practice group information is located under the Swim Team tab or by clicking HERE
How to Support TIDE!
- Amazon Smile program. Choose TIDE Swimming as your nonprofit to support.
- Buy spiritwear and other TIDE products from our online Team Store
- Shop online at our Speedo Team Dealer, Aquawear
- Swim Outlet Team Affiliate Program. Shop using our team URL, www.swimoutlet.com/tideswimming
- Register for Kroger's Community Rewards program each year and Kroger will donate a portion of the value of your purchases to TIDE. Click HERE for more information and signup instructions.