Who We Are
- A TEAM of athletes of all ages who love swimming
- A TEAM of coaches who share a common philosophy and vision and love the sport of swimming
How We Train
- TIDE swimmers are trained by experienced, professional coaches who share a passion for swimming
- Coaches teach teamwork which leads to camaraderie and lasting friendships. Athletes work hard and have fun!
- Swimmers progress from learning basic skills to training for fitness or competition
- Our high school and many of our middle school swimmers enjoy training year round in the area's only Olympic-sized pool at the Princess Anne YMCA. The rest of the team joins the older swimmers in the summer months and enjoys training in our beautiful outdoor pool
- TIDE's Hilltop YMCA staff trains our youngest swimmers and includes coaches who were once TIDE swimmers themselves!
- TIDE now operates in 7 different YMCA locations: Hilltop, Mt Trashmore, Princess Anne, Greenbrier, Great Bridge / Hickory, Taylor Bend, and Portsmouth!
- We have practice groups and swimming programs for all levels of swimmers: novice to national, single-sport to multi-sport athletes, school age to adult
- We also offer programs to enhance and improve swimming at the high school level without the year round commitment
How We Operate
- TIDE is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors comprised of team parents
- Swimmers pay monthly dues
- We do not run a bingo game
- TIDE parents assist as volunteers to help run team-hosted swim meets at the Princess Anne YMCA
- All swimmers must be members of the YMCA of South Hampton Roads
How To Join TIDE
- New swimmer clinics for Virginia Beach swimmers will be held in the 50m pool at the Princess Anne YMCA. Dates and times will be posted on the homepage
- New swimmer clinics for Chesapeake swimmers will be held in the four Chesapeake YMCA locations: Greenbrier, Great Bridge/Hickory, Taylor Bend, and Portsmouth. Dates and times for each location will be posted on the homepage
- Swimmers interested in joining TIDE need only attend ONE new swimmer clinic to be evaluated by our staff
- Once you have been placed in a practice group, registration is done online
- Find Practice group information on the sidebar
How to Support TIDE!