WANT TO GIVE YOUR CHILDREN A HEAD START IN LIFE?
TEACH THEM TO SWIM!
"Children who learn how to swim at a young age are reaching many developmental milestones earlier than the norm...Lead researcher Professor Robyn Jorgensen says the study shows young children who participate in early-years swimming achieve a wide range of skills earlier than the normal population."
-Read the entire article HERE
- Taught at the Hilltop, Mt Trashmore, and Princess Anne Family YMCAs
- YMCA Membership not required
- Students take one, 30-minute lesson per week on a day and time assigned by the Swim School Director
- Classes offered for both children and adults
- Children must be at least 4 years old to enroll
- Maximum number of students per class is 3
- Easy online registration
Three levels of instruction:
- Level One is for the child who has had little to no experience in the water
- Level Two is for the child who is comfortable on front and on back, can submerge independently, but has not yet learned freestyle or backstroke
- Level Three is for the child who can perform all the skills taught in Level Two and can swim freestyle while breathing and backstroke for 12 1/2 yards/meters
March 27 – June 8
No swimming April 10 - 15 (public school spring break)
- Hilltop lessons are offered between 1:30pm and 3:45pm and 7:00pm and 8:00pm on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
- Princess Anne lessons are offered between 1:00pm and 3:00pm on Tuesdays.
- Mt Trashmore lessons are offered between 4:15pm and 5:15pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday students have 10 classes; Monday students have 9 classes because of the Memorial Day holiday.
- Monday tuition is $162.00. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday tuition is $180.00. A credit card processing fee (3%) is added at checkout.
REGISTRATION FOR SPRING SESSION IS CLOSED
- Four sessions offered. Students register by session.
- All summer lessons are held at the HILLTOP FAMILY YMCA.
- Students attend four, 30-minute classes per week for two weeks for a total of 8 classes per session.
- Classes are Monday through Thursday. Friday is a makeup day for weather or other unexpected pool closures.
- Classes are scheduled between 11:00am and 1:00pm.
- Session 2 is limited to 7 classes because of the July 4 holiday.
- Tuition for Sessions 1, 3, and 4 is $150.00 plus 3% credit card processing fee.
- Tuition for Session 2 is $132.00 plus 3% credit card processing fee.
- REGISTRATION OPENS MAY 1 FOR RETURNING STUDENTS AND MAY 8 FOR NEW STUDENTS.
SESSION 1: JUNE 19 - 29 REGISTER
SESSION 2: JULY 5 - 13 REGISTER (Week 1 swims on Friday July 7)
SESSION 3: JULY 17 - 27 REGISTER
SESSION 4: JULY 31 - AUGUST 10 REGISTER
Make-Up / Refund Policy
- Make-ups will only be offered if TIDE cancels a class or if the YMCA closes the pool.
- Make-up classes will be held on Fridays, at the same time your swimmer would normally be in class.
- Up to 2 make-up classes may be offered in each summer session since each session is only 2 weeks long.
- If a class is cancelled due to weather with less than 15 minutes remaining, no make-up class will be offered.
- Refunds - issued if requested TWO WEEKS OR MORE prior to session start date. Credit card processing fees will not be refunded.
- Requests for refunds that occur LESS THAN 14 days prior to session start date will only be granted IF the swimmer's spot can be filled by someone else and only for the value of the new student's tuition. BE MINDFUL OF YOUR SCHEDULE BEFORE YOU REGISTER.
Swim School Director Katherine Kardok joined TIDE Swimming in August 2015. Coach Katherine brings to our program over 25 years of experience teaching swimming. A transplant from the Boston area, Katherine ran her own swim school for over 15 years and also formed and coached a developmental swim team. As holder of several instructional and safety certifications as well as being an ASCA Level 2 swim coach, Coach Katherine brings invaluable knowledge and experience to our program. As Swim School Director, she designs our program, mentors staff, instructs swimmers, and personally places each student. Coach Katherine believes swimmers learn best with others of similar ability, so her small group classes are designed with the specific needs of the individual students in mind. Parents should be flexible in time ranges offered for optimal placement of swimmers.